- Request A Quote
- Frequently Asked Questions
- File Preparation Guidelines &
- File Uploads
- File Compression &
- Glossary of Terms
Glossary of Terms - O
Printing technique that transfers ink from a plate to a blanket to paper instead of directly from plate to paper.
(1) Characteristic of paper or other substrate that prevents printing on one side from showing through the other side.
(2) Characteristic of ink that prevents the substrate from showing through.
A specific lightweight type (kind) of paper usually used in the past for air mail. Seldom used today (in the typewriter era).
(1) Not transparent.
(2) To cover flaws in negative with tape or opaquing paint. Also called block out and spot.
Halftone in which background has been removed or replaced to isolate or silhouette the main image. Also called knockout halftone and silhouette halftone.
Additional printed matter beyond order. Overage policy varies in the printing industry. Advance questions avoid blind knowledge.